- 1 Where is FAA Academy located?
- 2 Where does the FAA train its employees?
- 3 How long is training at the FAA Academy?
- 4 Who are trained at the FAA Academy?
- 5 Is the FAA academy free?
- 6 Does the FAA pay well?
- 7 Why do air traffic controllers have to be under 31?
- 8 How long is the FAA hiring process?
- 9 How do you get into FAA academy?
- 10 How many days a week do air traffic controllers work?
- 11 What do you have to study to become an air traffic controller?
- 12 How much does air traffic controllers make?
- 13 What is CTI program?
Where is FAA Academy located?
Federal Aviation Administration, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma The FAA Academy in Oklahoma City is the principal source of aviation technical training for the agency and provides training for more than 60,000 students each year.
Where does the FAA train its employees?
From air traffic controllers and inspectors to IT professionals and security, all FAA employees are required to maintain current certifications and standards in their respective fields. Much of this training is done through the FAA Academy, a fully accredited civil aviation institution located in Oklahoma City, OK.
How long is training at the FAA Academy?
FAA academy generally takes two to five months to complete, depending on your experience. It then takes another two to four years of on-the-job training to become fully certified.
Who are trained at the FAA Academy?
The FAA Academy also trains electronic technicians, engineers and aviation safety engineers.
Is the FAA academy free?
School information The cost to attend FAA Academy is $100. When asked how they paid for their training, most reviewers responded, “My company paid for my training”.
Does the FAA pay well?
Federal Aviation Administration Salaries of 2019 The Federal Aviation Administration had 44,109 employees in 2015 with an average pay (base salary + bonus) of $119,831.02. See the top 100 most well paid employees in Federal Aviation Administration.
Why do air traffic controllers have to be under 31?
This is due to an FAA requirement that trainees begin their training at the Academy no later than their 31st birthday, and face mandatory retirement at age 56. However, retired military air traffic controllers may qualify for appointment after reaching 31 years of age.
How long is the FAA hiring process?
Yes. We conduct a standard background check on all new hires. For most positions, this is a fairly straightforward process that takes approximately three – five weeks to complete.
How do you get into FAA academy?
How do you get into the FAA academy?
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be age 30 or under (on the closing date of the application period)
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a security investigation.
- Pass the FAA air traffic pre-employment test.
- Speak English clearly enough to be understood over communications equipment.
How many days a week do air traffic controllers work?
Air traffic controllers usually work between 37 and 40 hours a week, but this is spread out over days, nights, weekends and public holidays. Air traffic control has to be manned 24 hours a day, so shift work is used to ensure there is always cover.
What do you have to study to become an air traffic controller?
For UG Courses:
- Candidate must have a B.Sc in Science or B.
- Candidates have to appear in the written test, voice test and medical test.
- The age criteria for general category candidates is 27 years whereas for reserved category candidates it is 32 years and for OBC candidates it is 30 years to apply for the ATC.
How much does air traffic controllers make?
The national average annual wage of an air traffic controller is $120,830, according to the BLS, well over double the e average annual salary for all occupations, $51,960. However, depending on which state you’re employed as an air traffic controller, your salary could be far lower.
What is CTI program?
Air Traffic — Collegiate Training Initiative ( AT-CTI ) The AT-CTI program is designed to provide qualified candidates for developmental air traffic control specialist positions. Students must successfully complete all required training at the FAA Academy to continue employment with FAA.