- 1 Where is the FAA Academy training located at?
- 2 How long is training at the FAA Academy?
- 3 How do you get into the FAA Academy?
- 4 Do you get paid at the FAA Academy?
- 5 How much does air traffic controllers make?
- 6 How long does the FAA hiring process take?
- 7 Do air traffic controllers fly free?
- 8 Can you become an air traffic controller without a degree?
- 9 Is air traffic controller a stressful job?
- 10 Can air traffic controllers have tattoos?
- 11 What do air traffic controllers wear?
Where is the FAA Academy training located at?
About FAA Academy FAA Academy is located in Oklahoma City, OK, but also offers classes online.
How long is training at the FAA Academy?
FAA academy generally takes two to five months to complete, depending on your experience. It then takes another two to four years of on-the-job training to become fully certified.
How do you get into the FAA Academy?
How do you get into the FAA academy?
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be age 30 or under (on the closing date of the application period)
- Pass a medical examination.
- Pass a security investigation.
- Pass the FAA air traffic pre-employment test.
- Speak English clearly enough to be understood over communications equipment.
Do you get paid at the FAA Academy?
According to an FAA report in 2016, the starting air traffic controller pay for entry-level positions while being trained at the FAA Academy was $18,343 annually.
How much does air traffic controllers make?
The national average annual wage of an air traffic controller is $120,830, according to the BLS, well over double the e average annual salary for all occupations, $51,960. However, depending on which state you’re employed as an air traffic controller, your salary could be far lower.
How long does the FAA hiring process take?
We conduct a standard background check on all new hires. For most positions, this is a fairly straightforward process that takes approximately three – five weeks to complete.
Do air traffic controllers fly free?
Free flight is a new concept being developed to take the place of the current air traffic management methods through the use of technology. True free flight eliminates the need for air traffic control (ATC) operators by giving the responsibility to the pilot in command.
Can you become an air traffic controller without a degree?
Controllers without a college degree must pass the same entrance exams and complete the same Federal Aviation Administration training as controllers with a degree, although it may take them a little longer. Once you are qualified, you receive an exceptional salary and benefits.
Is air traffic controller a stressful job?
Air traffic controllers, who maintain the flow of aircraft in and out of airports and in flight, are key to aviation safety. This is well recognized as one of the most stressful jobs, requiring total concentration.
Can air traffic controllers have tattoos?
Will tattoos disqualify me from an air traffic controller job? Yes, but you still will need training for being an Air Traffic Controller even though you were a pilot before.
What do air traffic controllers wear?
Examples of such clothing include casual slacks (e.g. khakis, cords), dress slacks, dresses, skirts, blouses, dress shirts, casual shirts with collars or banded/turtle necks and/or sweaters. Jeans will be permitted as long as they are not torn, frayed, patched or have holes of any kind. Shoes shall be neat and clean.