- 1 What city is the site of the US Coast Guard Academy?
- 2 What is the Coast Guard Academy known for?
- 3 Is the Coast Guard Academy the hardest to get into?
- 4 What is the acceptance rate for the Coast Guard Academy?
- 5 How long is the US Coast Guard Academy?
- 6 How much does the Coast Guard Pay?
- 7 Do Coast Guard Academy students get paid?
- 8 What is the age limit for the Coast Guard?
- 9 Is it hard to get into the US Coast Guard?
- 10 How competitive is Coast Guard Academy?
- 11 What grades do you need to get into the Coast Guard?
- 12 What rank are you after Coast Guard Academy?
- 13 What GPA do you need to get into West Point?
- 14 How do you get accepted into the Coast Guard?
What city is the site of the US Coast Guard Academy?
The Coast Guard Academy (CGA) is one of the five federal service academies. Located in New London, Conn., the CGA’s mission is to produce leaders of character for service to the nation.
What is the Coast Guard Academy known for?
The U.S. Coast Guard Academy prepares future Coast Guard officers. Whether on shore, sea or in the air, Coast Guard cadets develop professionally from rigorous challenges and character-building teamwork. Discipline, drive and service above self – the experience is not for all, but the rewards are many.
Is the Coast Guard Academy the hardest to get into?
You’re probably asking yourself, “How hard is it to get into the Coast Guard Academy?” We’ll tell you straight: It’s COMPETITIVE. According to U.S. News and World Report, Academy admissions are very selective. Half the applicants admitted have an SAT score between 1212 and 1400 or an ACT score between 25 and 30.
What is the acceptance rate for the Coast Guard Academy?
United States Coast Guard Academy is ranked #1 in Regional Colleges North. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
How long is the US Coast Guard Academy?
Incoming cadets are required to participate in Swab Summer, a seven-week military training program. Student life is highly regimented at the Coast Guard Academy, with military training, study periods and athletic activities all built into the daily schedule.
How much does the Coast Guard Pay?
All active-duty enlisted members entering the Coast Guard start out making approximately $20,000 annually. This is just basic pay. Members may also be entitled to other allowances depending on their status.
Do Coast Guard Academy students get paid?
An Academy Education Pays All cadets are paid a salary while attending the Coast Guard Academy. Spend smart and, rather than debt, you’ll actually graduate with savings.
What is the age limit for the Coast Guard?
Age Limits for Enlisting You must be at least 17 to enlist in any branch of the active military. The oldest you can be to enlist for active duty in each branch is: Coast Guard: 31. Marines: 28.
Is it hard to get into the US Coast Guard?
Coast Guard Requirements The Coast Guard is one of the more difficult branches to join because it accepts far fewer new recruits than the other branches of the military, and qualifying requirements are strict. You will have to undergo a credit check and pass a security clearance check.
How competitive is Coast Guard Academy?
Admissions is competitive as the Coast Guard acceptance rate is 21%. Popular majors include Political Science and Government, Engineering, and Business. Coast Guard graduates 89% of its students.
What grades do you need to get into the Coast Guard?
How to get into United States Coast Guard Academy
- Score at least a 1150 on the SAT or 62 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.71.
What rank are you after Coast Guard Academy?
When you graduate from the program, you’ll receive a commission in the Coast Guard at the rank of ensign (O-1), and will be required to serve a minimum of three years on active-duty. You may be assigned to a ship, flight training, a staff job, or to an operations billet ashore.
What GPA do you need to get into West Point?
To have the best shot of getting in, you should aim for the 75th percentile, with a 1360 SAT or a 30 ACT. You should also have a 3.9 GPA or higher. If your GPA is lower than this, you need to compensate with a higher SAT/ACT score.
How do you get accepted into the Coast Guard?
- Be a U.S. citizen or nationalized to be a Coast Guard officer.
- To enlist, you must be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien.
- Be between the ages of 17-27.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Have no more than two dependents.
- Take and pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test.