- 1 What can I send my friend in the military?
- 2 What can I send my friend in basic training?
- 3 What do you say to someone going into the military?
- 4 What do you write to someone in basic training?
- 5 What can you not put in a military care package?
- 6 Can you send pictures to someone in basic training?
- 7 Can you send cough drops to someone in basic training?
- 8 Can you call home during basic training?
- 9 What companies send stuff to deployed soldiers?
- 10 How do you say hello in military?
- 11 What should you not say to a deployed soldier?
- 12 What do you write in a card to a soldier?
- 13 Do drill sergeants read your letters?
- 14 Can a drill sergeant hit you?
- 15 Is there free time in basic training?
What can I send my friend in the military?
Here are some military care package ideas that are appreciated by service members:
- Necessities, such as sunblock, socks, underwear, flip-flops, lip balm and powder.
- Snacks, including chips, salsa, nuts, cookies, beef jerky, non-melting candy and trail mix in packaging that isn’t easily crushed.
What can I send my friend in basic training?
What You Can Send to Your Soldier in Basic Training
- Address book.
- Baby wipes, unscented.
- Bar soap, unscented.
- Black Pens.
- Cash less than $50.
- Dental floss Deodorant, unscented.
- Digital watch (black band)
What do you say to someone going into the military?
Encouraging Words for a Soldier
- We all love you so much!
- We can’t wait to see you again, but we all know you’re working hard keeping us safe.
- Everyone here is so proud of your service.
- I was thinking about you all day today.
- We had your best friend over for dinner last night.
What do you write to someone in basic training?
Keep Your Letters To Boot Camp Positive
- Write about the good parts of your day.
- Share a funny story.
- Offer insight to your child’s day.
- Send jokes (lighthearted, appropriate ones)
- Cut out a few comic strips to send.
- Send photos with captions.
- Offer updates on favorite sports teams.
What can you not put in a military care package?
Here’s a few things to avoid:
- DON’T send adult entertainment, alcohol or drugs (these items are illegal and can get the soldier in trouble)
- DON’T send aerosols or pressurized products.
- DON’T send firearms or ammunition (we’re already armed and this is illegal)
- DON’T send perishable foods.
Can you send pictures to someone in basic training?
Pictures – They are allowed to have pictures. However, do keep in mind that they have limited space. Soldiers don’t need the entire photo album, just a few pictures will do. You may want to be sure you are sending copies rather than originals just in case something happens to them.
Can you send cough drops to someone in basic training?
Recruits are NOT allowed to receive cough drops as it is considered medication. If your recruit requests you to send them cough drops, do NOT do so, regardless of what your recruit tells you.
Can you call home during basic training?
Generally Soldiers are allowed to make a quick call home when they first arrive at Fort Benning and another when they are out of reception and assigned to a basic training unit.
What companies send stuff to deployed soldiers?
9 More Companies That Send Free Stuff to Deployed Troops
- Dunkin’ Donuts. DD has been known to send coffee to deployed service members.
- Operation Support Our Troops.
- SeaBear Wild Tuna.
- Dogtags For Kids.
- Books a Million.
- Operation EBook Drop.
- Operation Paperback.
- Operation Caramel Corn.
How do you say hello in military?
– (U.S. Marines) An abbreviated or unmotivated “Oorah”. Often used as a form of acknowledgment or greeting. Yes, we really do walk around saying “Errr” at one another in the way normal civilized humans say “Hello.”
What should you not say to a deployed soldier?
20 Things You Should Never Say to Someone in the Military
- “How many people have you killed?”
- “What kind of action did you see in combat?”
- “When are you done?”
- “I’m glad you made it back in one piece.”
- “How could you leave your family for so long?”
- “What do you think about what’s going on in the news?”
What do you write in a card to a soldier?
Honor a military veteran.
- Thank you for your sacrifices and hard work in service to our country.
- I appreciate how hard you worked to ensure that we could continue to enjoy our freedoms.
- Thank you for all your hard work, dedication and service to our country.
- You are my hero for your bravery and sacrifices to our nation.
Do drill sergeants read your letters?
2. The Drill Sergeants Open my Letters. The Drill Sergeants won’t open the letters (though they very well might open packages, if they gets any). However, if a letter arrives with a suspicious feel–like lumps of gum or a stack of photos, they will ask your soldier to open the letter in front of them.
Can a drill sergeant hit you?
The military’s drill sergeants and instructors are prohibited from hitting their recruits.
Is there free time in basic training?
When you finally wrap up the weeks spent in basic training, chances are you’ll have earned a couple days off. Depending on your branch, as will be covered later, the times and days and duration you’ll be given free time all vary. During this time, people make even more mistakes.