Seventh-day Adventist Christian education has always held a high place in the minds and hearts of Roseburg Adventists. In 1899, the same year the Roseburg Seventh-day Adventist Church was organized; the first church school was conducted in the home of Joseph Mabley with Effie Merrill as the teacher of ten pupils.
By 1928, the school had to close due to inadequate facilities and for six years, students who attended the Adventist school from Roseburg were bused to Sutherlin. Then in 1934, a ten grade school was opened in a rented building on South Stephens Street. Four years later, in the summer of 1938, the old Fullerton School was purchased from the city of Roseburg with the financial help of S.A. Wallace. Later, there was added a gymnasium, which stands today as the home of TV station KPIC.
As time passed, these facilities became inadequate for the student body and curriculum, so in 1962, ten acres were purchased on the northwest edge of town.
Our current site, 1653 N.W. Troost Street has served students, parents, and the community well. Built in two phases, the classrooms in 1963 and the large gymnasium in 1966, our campus hosts a baseball field, school buildings, track, and athletic field.
The commitment of Christian education is very much in evidence as Adventists of the Roseburg area continue to provide quality education for all who attend.